Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Road To Boston XV

It's downhill from here; let the taper begin. Monday was a rest day. Tuesday I was on the track for 10x400m at about a 1:30 pace with a 1:30 RI. Wednesday I swam 2000 yards. Thursday I ran 8 miles below marathon pace, 7:34. Friday I rested in anticipation of my last long run. I did my last long run up in Perry County. My dad crewed me, which was nice as I didn't have to carry food or water. I ran 20 miles with total elevation of over 8000 feet, 4000 feet of ascent at an average grade of 8.9%. This is over 4 times the elevation gain of the Boston course. I averaged a 7:55 pace, and was quite happy with that. Today I did an 18.5 mile bike ride at a little over 16 miles per hour. It was windy, and really sapped my strength especially after yesterdays long run. Also did a 2 hour hike in Chiques Park with the boys. It was a great afternoon to get out and climb on the rocks, play with sticks and throw stones into the creek.

No comments: