Monday, April 7, 2008

The Road To Boston XVI

Two weeks to Go!!! Taper is going good, and I'm feeling and running well right now. I may be able to PR. I went from not being sure I was going to run; to running just to complete the race; to running a BQ time; to now: a chance at a PR. Monday was a rest day. Tuesday was one of my least favorite workouts: 8x800s at 3:05 with a 1:30 rest interval. Wednesday I swam 2150 yards. Thursday was a mile warm-up then 5 miles at 7:01. Both Tuesday's and Thursday's paces were below what my plan/schedule called for. This is what got me thinking about a PR. I rested Friday. Saturday I ran a half marathon and pushed it to see how I would feel. I managed a 1:37/7:26 pace. I felt good after that, so as long as the next two weeks go well I'm going to try and run Boston between a 7:30 and 7:40 pace. Sunday I rode for an hour before church. I pushed it, but not hard, and managed a 16.9 mph pace.

Can't believe it is almost here; I can now actually start looking at 15 day forecasts for the Boston area.

No comments: