Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Road To Boston XIII

I had a really good week of training. Monday was a rest day - as usual. Tuesday I did 3x1600m at the track with each 1600 under 6:40. Later in the day I did exercise group "A" of a new circuit training routine that I saw in Bicycling magazine. Wednesday I was in the pool and did 2100 yards. Thursday I went 1 mile easy, 4 miles at 7:10, then 1 mile easy. Afterwards I did 6X100m strides. In the afternoon I did exercise group "B" of my new routine. Friday would have been a rest day, but I decided to run with the track team. It was a tough speed session, which in the scheme of marathon training probably wasn't a good idea, but I'm none the worse for the wear. After a warm-up, we ran 60 seconds as hard as we could. We rested 60 seconds and then did it again. I was able to hang with the pack, and almost covered 400 meters in 60 seconds. After the second 60 second session, we rested 7 minutes then did 9x200m fast with a 50 second RI. Like I said, this probably wasn't the best workout for a marathoner, but it was fun running with the kids. Saturday I rode 12 miles and averaged 19.3 MPH - much too fast the day before a long run. I ran my first 20 miler today averaging about 8:20, which I was happy with coming on the heels of 3 hard workouts.

1 comment:

Van 1- Hall said...

I have had 60 minute IPA...good stuff. I am starting my "No Booze til Boston" plan so I can be in pristine shape for the race...but the Saturday before I will dabble in hops and barley!