Monday, March 24, 2008

The Road To Boston XIV

Last week went really well. Started off Monday by resting which was good after the hard workouts the 4 days before. Tuesday I ran 6 miles with 5x1000m cruise intervals thrown in. I rested no more than a minute between each 1000. I have been reading about cruise intervals, but it was the first time I tried them. They are a great LT workout. Later in the afternoon I went through a strength and core routine. Wednesday I swam 2200 yards. I'm really feeling good in the water, and hope to improve even more after Boston when I can devote more time to the pool. Thursday was 9.6 miles at marathon pace, 7:55. I had off Friday, so I decided to go for a mountain bike ride. I rode 24 miles on the Conewago Trail. It was a beautiful day to ride despite the wind and cold. Saturday morning I went "kinda" long: 15 miles, and again at marathon pace. And that concluded my week. Yesterday was Easter, and I took it easy. Today I'm home with the boys and hope to get out for an easy bike ride. I'll start back up tomorrow, well rested and ready for some 400s.

No comments: