Sunday, March 9, 2008

Trail-a-Bike

Ever since the birth of our first son Kyler, I have been buying modes of transport that would allow me to get exercise while providing a stimulating travel experience for our sons.

My first summer home with Kyler, I walked all over town with him in a Baby Bjorn. Soon, I moved him up to a backpack. After Tristan was born, I moved Kyler into a jogging stroller and moved Tristan into the Cadillac of backpacks, a Kelty, that I received for a father's day present. During this time, I hauled both boys around in a bike seat individually, and together in a bike trailer that I picked up at a yard sale.

Now that Kyler can ride a bike, and Tristan is a bit big for the bike seat, I made the next purchase: a Trail-a-Bike. I've always wanted to try one of these, so when I saw one for sale on our work classifieds board for $45, I jumped at the chance to give it a test.

To celebrate the extended evening daylight, we went for a half an hour ride in the cold, and the Trail-a-Bike passed the test. Tristan loves it. This is good, because with gas most likely going to be $4.00 a gallon this summer, we have to have a cheaper way to get to the pool.

No comments: