Monday, March 3, 2008

The Road To Boston XI

Last week I reported about my best week of training since the fall marathon season. Well, this week I was unable to sustain it.

I rested Monday. On Tuesday I was scheduled to hit the track, but I came down with a bug overnight and slept terrible. When the alarm went off at 4:30, I decided to stay in bed and get some extra rest. Wednesday I was feeling back to normal, and had a good pool workout, approximately 2100 yards. Thursday, I ran a tempo run: 1 mile easy, 4 miles at 7:16 and then 1 mile easy. The foot felt great after 4 days of rest, but it got very sore as the day went on. I felt I was ahead of the game with the plantar fasciitis, but it ended up being more sore than it has been in awhile. I rested Friday, but skied in the evening with the Ski club. The conditions were great and I got a good leg workout. My foot was still sore Saturday morning, so knowing I had a triathlon on Sunday, I limited my physical activity to bowling. Sunday was the triathlon. It was a great workout and my foot held up fairly well, but it did get sore.

Hopefully I'll be able to do all my scheduled workouts this week. I may have to get back in for more ART though.

No comments: