Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Road To Boston VI

Earlier this week I reported that the road to Boston was under construction. I thought it was closed, but it now appears that there is one lane open.

I went in for another ART session yesterday afternoon, and decided to run this morning. Amazingly, I had little pain, or discomfort. I followed this routine: 1) stretch; 2) walk about a 1/4 mile before running; 3) reduce pace and distance (I went 3 miles at @ 8:30); 4) walk a 1/4 mile after running; and 5) stretch after walking. I also rolled a hardball under my foot while working at my computer. Even though I wasn't training hard, I was training. The relaxed pace also made for an enjoyable run. I was able to be more aware of my surroundings and the night sky. I'm going to throw pride to the wind. If I can cruise 26.2 miles at an 8:30 pace I'm running Boston. First, I will have to see how much I can increase mileage. So, my plan will be easy runs and vigorous cross-training and a gradual increase in distance. Essentially, I'm reverting back to my "first time marathon" experience.

No comments: