Monday, January 14, 2008

The Road To Boston II

This was a week of cross-training, as I'm still resting my right arch. Started out Tuesday on the bike trainer. I did steady RPM work. Later in the day, I lifted. Wednesday, I swam 1800 yards. I was fortunate, because a guy I teach with was there and he is a swim instructor. He gave me a lot of pointers and some drills to work on with fins and a pull buoy. So, for my birthday, I went out and bought a pair of fins and a pull buoy. Adult version of pool toys. Thursday I did intervals on the bike trainer and again lifted in the afternoon. Friday I was back in the pool for 2000 yards. The one good thing about this injury is that it is forcing me to work on my swimming, which is something I wanted to improve at anyway. Saturday was a rest day, however, I took the Marine Corps pull-up challenge at the PA farm show and cranked out 20. Sunday was the bike trainer. I did steady RPM work interspersed with functional strength training (push-ups, crunches and knee bends).

Another week of cross-training is coming up, but I may try out the foot some evening this week. I'm definitely hitting the road on Saturday.

No comments: