Friday, January 4, 2008

Injury Time

Well, I've been lucky as far as injuries are concerned, but this past Saturday, I picked up my first one: all symptoms point to plantar fasciitis.

It seemed to come on suddenly after my 10 miler, but then faded after I went backpacking. I didn't train until yesterday. I did a 6 miler - 2 miles easy, 2 miles @ 6:54, 2 miles easy. The pain came on when I opened it up in the middle and my heel has been sore since. I'm going to take a conservative approach and see if a 2-3 week rest along with stretching, ice and ibuprofen can take care of it. I'll probably try a different pair of shoes as well. In the meantime, cross-training. I've been saying I wanted to work on my swimming, so I guess I'll be able to.

1 comment:

FishrCutB8 said...

Plantar Fasciitis---OUCH! Oh man--I'm sorry.

Still, I wouldn't work on swimming. Why don't you pull up a bag of pork rinds and catch the Roseanne marathon that's on next week...