Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Road To Boston VII

This was a roller coaster of a week. It started with ART and a four mile run that had me in pain on Monday and ended with a five miler yesterday. After Monday's run, I decided to defer to 2009, but another ART session and a run on Thursday had me back in the race. On Wednesday I swam 2000 yards and did some core work. Thursday's run was 3 miles and I have determined that I can maintain a fairly consistent running schedule if I stretch and walk before I run. I also have to watch my pace. Right now it seems that 8:00 to 8:30 is optimal for keeping the plantar fasciitis from flaring up. I skied on Friday night an ran five miles at 8:23 on Saturday morning. Today I biked for an hour at 17.5 mph and then took the boys and went rock climbing at Chiques Rock for a little upper body workout.

Up this week: Rest on Monday; hill work with strength training on Tuesday; swimming on Wednesday; 5-6 miles with strength training on Thursday; rest and skiing Friday; 7-8 miles on Saturday and either biking or the bike trainer on Sunday.

No comments: