Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Road To Boston III

Good news: I went out last evening for a four mile run to test my foot. Before running, I taped my arch. It was a little stiff at first, but it loosened up nicely and I was able to average 7:25. Afterwards, I iced it for 20 minutes followed by stretching and a dose of "vitamin I." It was a little sore this morning, but it subsided by the time I got to work. Continued to roll a hardball under my foot while working at my desk, and I did some stretching when I could. I found a dance site that has some good arch strengthening exercises which I incorporated into my weight routine this afternoon.

I should be able to manage this injury, but will have to rethink my goals for Boston: finish and have fun instead of a new PR.

1 comment:

FishrCutB8 said...

Noice! You will PWN the Boston Marathon!