Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Road To Boston I

Well, the road to Boston has some speed bumps. In an earlier post I lamented about my new injury. This has put a damper on training week I on the road to Boston. Nonetheless, I was able to bike this weekend due to global warming, er, I mean the warm weather. Here's the breakdown: started the week backpacking into Stony Valley, which was good cross-training. New Years day was Tuesday and I ran and swam: I ran 10 feet and swam 10 yards at the Polar Bear Plunge. Wednesday, I had the best intention of swimming for real, but couldn't marshal my faculties after 10 days off work. Thursday was a tempo run, which caused my plantar fasciitis to flair up. Friday I took off, and over the weekend I went biking. I did an 18 mile ride Saturday at 17.3 mph and a 28 mile ride at 16.3 mph on Sunday. All in all, good cross-training. I also lifted Thursday. Oh, and I stopped by the "Inside Track" on Saturday and invested in a new pair of running shoes. They examined my last pair and it turns out I have a slight pronation when I run, which may, or may not have, been the cause of my injury.

Up this week, more cross-training.

No comments: