Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Prep for Boston

Fall marathons are behind me, and I'm feeling back to normal. Guess that means it's time to start getting ready for Boston.

I'm going to follow the Furman's FIRST program again, but with a few modifications. Instead of biking twice a week, I'll probably swim one day and ride the bike trainer one day. If the weather permits, I'll ride outdoors. If it doesn't, then it's the trainer or an extra day in the pool. An extra day in the pool will do me good. I'm planning on running the "Got the Nerve" triathlon again, and I'd like to improve my swim time.

Last week I got back on my schedule: Tuesday - run, Wednesday - cross-train, Thursday - run, Saturday- long run and Sunday - Cross train. I have also thrown in weightlifting Tuesday and Thursday evenings for the winter. Throughout December and January, I'll maintain the schedule, but I'll reduce both intensity and volume. I'll start going over 13-15 miles come February. I'm sure I'll miss some days because of weather and other events, but I have a good base, and I'll be ready come April. My Boston goal is not necessarily to PR, but to finish between 3:20-3:30.

1 comment:

FishrCutB8 said...

HUGE congratulations on Boston!!!!!

I see you're looking at Mt. Gretna again. If I can get my ass into training, I'll be there. Maybe I'll just come watch you.....