Monday, December 24, 2007

Prep For Boston IV

This was the week before the holidays, so I wanted to try and stick to my schedule as best as I could. I know the week coming up is going to be tough. Monday was a rest day. Tuesday was back to the track. I did 2x800 @ 3:05 pace. This included a 1 mile warm-up and cool-down. My neck was bothering me on Wednesday, so I opted for the bike trainer instead of the pool. I did another FIRST recommended workout: 10 minute warmup; 6X(1 minute hard, 4 minutes easy) then a 5 minute cool-down. On Thursday I ran my second "Fishmagic 5K." I set a new course record, 20:10. I'd like to go under 20:00 before I resume marathon training. I took off Friday. Saturday there was a church men's breakfast in Bainbridge, so I ran to it. It was 10.17 miles and I ran at a 7:49 pace. I had someone give me a lift home. I didn't workout Sunday, because we went to my in-laws for Christmas. In addition to the above workouts, I lifted for 30 minutes Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.

I've been happy with the maintenance schedule I worked out for the interim between marathons and marathon training. It's helped me maintain my routine, and I'm staying in good shape. I should have no problem once I start increasing the mileage for Boston.

No comments: