Monday, December 10, 2007

Prep for Boston II

I got a good taste of winter marathon training this past week. In an earlier post, I wrote about running in the cold and snow. All of my runs this week were in the cold and I had to contend with wind also.

Started out with a 3 mile fartlek run on Tuesday. The wind was out of the west, and I began my run going east, so things were nice. But, when you go out, you must come back, so my fartlek workout was intesified on my return home. Wednesday I swam 1500 yards - 500 warmup, 5x100 @ 1:48, 5x50 @ :48, 250 yard cool down. I don't know where those time stack up against other swimmers, but I was huffing and puffing. It was a great workout. Thursday, I was going to go for a 4 mile run with 2-3 miles at tempo pace, but the snow and ice prohibited me from doing that, so I just ran a steady 4 miles. Saturday I went for a 10 mile run at 7:30 pace. It was the best I have felt since the Harrisburg Marathon. Sunday I was on the bike trainer. I did a 10 minute warmup followed by eight 45 second sprints with a 10 minute cooldown. I then got off the bike and did 3 sets of wall sits in preparation for ski season. I have also been lifting, and went through my full body routine Tuesday and Thursday after school.

No comments: