Monday, December 17, 2007

Prep for Boston III

The weather was warmer this week, and I was able to maintain my routine without any problems. On Tuesday, I was back at the track after a about a 4-5 week hiatus. I ran 4x400s @ sub 6:00 pace with a 400 rest interval between each one. I also lifted and took Tina's Pilates class later in the day. Wednesday was pool day. I did a 600 yard warm-up followed by 6x100s then 6x50s and a 200 yard cool down. I felt a little tinge in my neck, and sure enough, I have had a stiff neck ever since. Hopefully it is better by Wednesday. Thursday was to be a tempo day, but in an earlier post, I explained how the "Fishmagic 5k" was born. I plan to run some hard 5ks until mid-January. Saturday I went for an 8 miler at 7:35 pace and on Sunday I did 45 minutes on the bike trainer. I was following one of the recommended FIRST cross-training workouts and did an 8 minute warm-up, then 30 minutes slightly harderfollowed by a 7 minute cool down all the while maintaining over a 100 rpm pace.

No comments: