Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fishmagic 5K

I was going to run a tempo workout this morning (1 mile warm-up, 2miles at tempo pace, 1 mile cool-down), but I gambled on the "two-hour-delay" phone call, which never came, and I laid in bed too long to go 4 miles.

I finally got up, and got out the door, but with little time to run, so I decided to go for a 3 miler. A half mile into the run, I decided to run a fast mile, so I opened it up to 6:20 pace. At the end of that mile, I slowed down, but then decided to run a fast 5K. Thus the innaugral "Fishmagic 5K" was born. The race is going to be held Thursday's in December and at least the first half of January, before I have to up my mileage. There is no entry fee, no medals, no cheering crowds, no tee shirt and no race amenities. Starting time for each race is 5:00 a.m. if anyone is interested.

Course Map



Current Course Record: 20:10

No comments: