Monday, December 31, 2007

Prep For Boston V/The Holidays

We had a great holiday and Christmas was a lot of fun with the boys. We also increased our family size by one very loveable cat that we adopted from PAWS.

Despite the break in routine, I was able to maintain a decent training schedule. On Monday, Christmas Eve, I went for an 18.5 mile bike ride. I managed a 16 mph pace. Tuesday was Christmas, so I didn't get out, but played a lot of Playstation with Kyler. Wednesday, I was back out on the bike and did 25 miles at 17.2 mph. On Thursday, I did a 5 mile trail run on the Lancaster Junction Trail. For this run, I did a 1 mile warm-up, 3 miles at 6:44 pace and then a 1 mile cool-down. Later, I went through my weight routine. I took off Friday. Saturday was 10 miles at 7:22 pace. I ran this harder than I should have, but I didn't feel too bad. Sunday to Monday I went backpacking.

It is now 16 weeks until Boston, so I guess I will start my official "16 week" program. I wasn't going to start it this early, but looking at the calendar and taking into account bad weather, which will surely arrive, I better begin now.

1 comment:

FishrCutB8 said...

Nice cat, Mountain man....

We get all of our pets from animal rescuse, and they've all been winners.