Monday, June 30, 2008

Training Report, 6/23-6/29

Well, I've finally decided (I think) on the rest of the races I plan on doing this summer/early fall. I have pretty much decided to limit things to sprint triathlons, 5Ks and perhaps a longer trail run. It's not so much the distances of the races right now, but the time involved in training for longer races. I'm really enjoying the reduced training volume and the lack of pressure I feel now that I have decided on shorter races. The nice thing is I have developed a great fitness base and the shorter races keep me sharp. I also have more time to spend with the kids.

Monday: Weight training; light riding; 500 yards in the community pool.
Tuesday: 20 miles on the bike just below race pace; Pilates in the evening.
Wednesday: Weight training in the morning; 35 miles on the bike.
Thursday: 1200 yards in the pool.
Friday: 3 mile run; form drills; weight training
Saturday: 20 miles on the bike, easy.
Sunday: Rest

1 comment:

cope said...

More like "Starvin' Artist with a guitar case for tips" Hey, I saw one of your favorite books is "Trout Fishing in America" Have you ever heard of the band of the same name?