Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Road To Boston VIII

Training continued this week and the plantar fasciitis was held in check. I took off Monday and received ART after school. Tuesday I ran hills. I have a hill which gives me about a 200 yard incline divided into a gradual section and then a steep finish. I ran this 4 times, but some woman had her dogs out. The little yippee one chased me and the big one was barking like crazy. Consequently, I went to my other hill which isn't as long but it is a little steeper. All in all, I did 10 hills. Wednesday I was in the pool for a 2000 yard workout, later in the day I received ART. Thursday I ran 6 miles at about 8:15. Friday I was off, but I did go skiing. The snow was heavy and granular and it gave me a good leg workout. Saturday I did intervals on the bike trainer for 45 minutes followed by 6 sets of bench presses. Today I got up before church and ran 10 miles at about an 8:20 pace. The foot felt pretty good after this run and my other runs, but it does get a bit stiff for a few hours after a run. Fortunately, I'm following a modified FIRST routine, and I don't run on back-to-back days.

Up this week: a similar schedule as last week.

2 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

good to see a fellow fisherman and runner! I just left Kentucky after 2 years of tournament fishing and am back in dull ole Illinois...Good Luck in Boston!

josetteplank.com said...

Whoa.

I got tired just reading that.

I'm due to start a "fitness bootcamp" in March, and if I have to run more than 100 yards, I'll be coughing up a lung.

I'm impressed!