Monday, February 18, 2008

The Road To Boston IX

I had a good week of training; my foot feels to be at 80%. Monday was a rest day. Tuesday I did a hill workout. I was on a new hill, which is probably the steepest and longest hill in the Mount Joy area.. Wednesday I rode intervals on the bike trainer. Thursday I did a 2000 yard swim workout followed by some core work. Friday I opened it up a little, and did my first tempo run in over a month. I ran a one mile warm-up, 3 miles at 7:15 and then a two mile cool-down. Saturday I was back in the pool for a 2100 yard workout that was given to me by a student in my class who is on the swim team. It was designed as a strength work-out and it lived up to its billing. Sunday I did my long run and went 15 miles. First time I was over 10 miles since the Harrisburg Marathon. It felt pretty good, but I should have eaten more before running. I also lifted twice once on Tuesday and once on Friday.

I hope to get back on schedule this week, and plan on running on the track tomorrow. Hopefully my foot will hold up.

No comments: