Thursday, October 4, 2007

Marathon Season X

Let the taper begin, Woohoo!! Last week was a good week of training despite not being able to get in a speed workout. On Thursday, I resumed my training and went for an 8 mile tempo run @ 7:30 pace. I lifted on Friday. I felt a need to add this back into my routine, because on a long run two weeks ago, I felt my upper back tighten up from the fatigue of holding up my arms. Saturday was my last long run. I was scheduled to do a 20 miler - my fifth one - but I stretched it out to 21. I maintained a 7:48 pace, well below where I need to be for the MCM. Sunday, was a beautiful day and I was able to get out for a 20 mile ride. I was averaging 20 mph over the first 2 miles, and was going to see if I could maintain that over the next 18 when my GPS bonked out. Forgot to recharge it. Not knowing my pace, I decided to ride hard, but not too hard. From here on out it is taper time.

No comments: