Monday, October 22, 2007

Marathon Season XIII

One week to go, 6 days actually. Last week was a good week of training until I did my long run. Tuesday was 5x1000 on the track at about a 6:15 pace. Wednesday I swam 1500 yards and Thursday was a 6 miler: 1 mile easy, 3 miles at 6:45, then 2 miles easy. We went camping this weekend and I got off my normal weekend routine. Got home Sunday, and decided to go out for a run in the middle of the day. My training plan called for 10 miles at marathon pace, which is 7:40 pace. Started out at 6:58 pace and was feeling good until I came to a long uphill. Once again, I was stupid and went out too fast in conditions that were too hot. I quickly began to fade. I was going to throw the towell in at 8.5 miles, but my buddy Scott saw me and pulled along side. "Do you need something to drink," he said. Ahh, relief, he gave me a whole bottle of Propel, which got me through the rest of my run. I managed to hang on for a 7:44 pace, but I was hurting. Thank you, Scott!!!

No comments: