Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Training Update

Ugh, last week was mid-terms week, and I spent the majority of my time correcting tests and projects, and wrapping up the first semester at school. Nonetheless, I was able to drag myself out of bed five mornings in a row to continue what I'm calling my winter maintenance plan. Basically, since I don't have any marathons on the horizon like I did last winter, I'm giving my body a rest. By that I mean I'm not logging excessive miles and I'm incorporating more weight lifting into my regimen (I have a new favorite leg exercise, Bulgarian split squats.). On a good note, I was able to do some speed work for the first time in awhile, and I also did a "long" run of five miles in well under 40 minutes.

Monday: 45 minutes on the bike trainer w/ five 1:00 intervals
Tuesday: inclement weather; back on the trainer for 40 minutes
Wednesday: 1 mile in the pool followed by kick drills
Thursday: 3 miles with 6X400m intervals at @ 80 seconds; weights
Friday: 45 minutes on the bike trainer
Saturday: off
Sunday: 5 miles at tempo pace @ 7:50.

No comments: