Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rickets Glen

Got out on a really nice winter hike in Rickets Glen State Park on Saturday with Andy B., Kyle F. and Julious. The weather was perfect; it was nice to be in winter conditions. I really miss snow, so being up in northern PA with snow on the ground and falling the whole time we were hiking was enjoyable. I was happy to be in an environment where I was able to use my new crampons, Yaktrax and gaiters. We did around 6 miles of hiking, and had the area pretty much to ourselves. Winter is the best time to hike in the Glen, because the summer crowd is absent. On the way home, we stopped at Selinsgrove Brewing. It was here that I received a special birthday gift: I was carded on my 47th birthday. Woohoo!!!

Here is a sampling of photos.

3 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

Kurt, those pictures are freakin amazing....what an opportunity!

47 years old! Happy belated birthday man!

Aaron said...

Looks like it was a good time.

You miss snow, huh? Come on out to my neck of the woods... :)

Bert said...

Fish, I have never seen photographs that make a place look quite as cold as these... wow. And the scenery is pretty stunning too, especially the frozen waterfalls. Stay warm.