Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Road to Boston XVII

This is it, one week until the Boston Marathon. I had a good week of training and I'm feeling confident going into the final preparations for the race.

Monday I rested. Tuesday I ran 5x1000m cruise intervals with a 1:00 minute RI between each 1000. Wednesday I swam: 8 laps swimming followed by 2 laps kicking repeated 5 times. Thursday I ran 2 miles easy, 3 miles at 6:45, then 1 mile easy. Normally I would have rested on Friday, but the D.F.C.A. kid's fishing derby was Saturday morning, so I had to get a workout in. I rode the bike trainer for 40 minutes then immediately went for a 10 minute run. Today I did my last long run: 10 miles in 1:12, which is a 7:15 pace, 25 seconds below my goal pace.

This will be my last "Road to Boston" post. I'm planning on some 400s on Tuesday, swimming Wednesday and Friday, and around 4-5 miles Thursday. I will also run about 3 miles Sunday before the marathon. My next post on this subject will be my race report.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

FishrCutB8 said...

Good luck today!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are soooooooooooo going to rock and roll! And don't forget to have fun!

rundangerously said...

kurt,

great to have met you monday morning!

posted our group photo from the athlete's village!

looking forward to your rr!

let me know when your up for some salt-water fishing ;)

frank