Sunday, August 19, 2007

Marathon Season V

I had one of my best weeks of training so far, and am more confident than ever that I can run a 3:30 come the end of October. Tuesday's speed work was 6 x 800 at 3:13. I was able to run all of them under 3:13. I swam on Wednesday instead of riding to give my butt a break for the upcoming Covered Bridge Metric Century (See next Post). On Thursday I ran an 8 mile run with 6 miles of tempo in the middle. The pace was to be 7:44, but again I went well under pace and ran 7:16. Saturday's long run was only 13 miles. It was a beautiful morning and I felt good so I decided to run a little faster than planned. The more I ran, the better I felt, so I pushed to see if I could run a 1:40 half marathon. In fact, I ended up running 1:36. I'm now hoping to go 1:35 at the Harrisburg Half Marathon in three weeks. Finished off the week with the Covered Bridge Metric Century.

2 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

HOLY CARP!!! You are a running machine!!!

Fishmagic said...

I'm totally sold on the FIRST program. Check it out.