Friday, August 3, 2007

Liverpool

The boys and I spent another fun couple of days in Liverpool. We hit the Liverpool pool on Thursday and then went to Millerstown later in the day for ice cream at Hall's. On Friday morning, I got up early and went kayaking. I took off from the Liverpool access and paddled out to some really neat little islands. Explored the islands for awhile then picked my way through a rocky channel and headed over to the Dauphin County side of the river. Saw a juvenile bald eagle, an osprey and numerous blue herons and kingfishers. Paddled back throught the islands and went downstream a ways and explored what seemed to be the remnants of an old canal. Afterwards, I headed back up to the launch site. The boys and I then went to Little Buffalo State Park and swam and played in the "sprayground."


No comments: