Saturday, December 13, 2008

Training Update

It was tough, but I didn't run this week to give the piriformis a rest. Seems to be working, because I didn't have any issues with it. On the day that I would normally have run, I did a circuit training routine that I read about a few years ago:

Barbell with 40 lbs; do each set for 45 seconds except the bench, do twice as many reps as you can do in exercise #1 ( I also use more weight); never change weight, and no rest between exercises. Repeat the circuit three times with a 45 second rest between each circuit.

1. squats w/ shoulder press
2. curls
3. upright row
4. bench
5. dead lifts
6. toe raises
7. plank

Sunday: Off
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 40 minutes on the trainer; hammered during commercials
Wednesday: 1 mile swim, then kick drills with fins
Thursday: Weight routine
Friday: 30 minutes on the bike trainer
Saturday: 1 mile swim, then kick drills with fins

No comments: