Friday, October 10, 2008

Dam Half Training Update

Well, I'm a week behind posting training updates, but things are going well. In the last two weeks I have increased mileage including a 12 mile long run that I was able to run averaging @ 7:50 miles. I have also done two trail runs: One at Chiques Rock County Park and one at Rocky Ridge County Park yesterday. Yesterday's run was with my buddy Chris after a grueling (to me) mountain bike ride. I recently bought a new mountain bike, and have been out on it twice. I was always amazed at how Chris was able to climb so well when we were road biking, now I know. Mountain biking is great cross-training. I just wish I could navigate rock gardens better. At least I can half-ass manage bunny hops, so I guess I should be happy.

Looking forward to the weekend and my last long run before the trail half. Hopefully the sciatica will give me a little break over the next week. I'm planning on an ART session tomorrow and probably next week as well.

No comments: