Friday, October 17, 2008

Dam Half Training Update

Reviewing my blog, I can tell I have been busy with school, because there is nothing of any substance lately (maybe there never was, but this is my attempt at maintaining some type of a journal in the digital age).

This Sunday is the "Dam Half. It looks like it is going to be every thing that I hoped it would be: a crisp fall day in the mountains of Central PA. I'm not concerned with time, however, I would like to finish in under two hours. But, goal number one is to enjoy the scenery.

I have been dealing with what I believe is piriformis syndrome and have received three ART treatments since last Saturday. They have definitely helped and I feel less tight/sore on my right side. Because I was dealing with this, my last week of training has been at a greatly reduced volume and intensity, but then again, that's not a big deal as this is a taper week anyway.

Sunday: 1 hour run
Monday: off
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: weights, circuit training; 18 mile bike ride
Thursday: 3 mile run
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Dam Half trail half marathon

2 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

key me in on the ART, how did it make you feel, im doing PT but havent tried ART yet.

go annie said...

Glad to hear ART is helping you out.

The race sounds beautiful. Good luck and have fun out there tommorow!