Friday, September 5, 2008

Back In The Groove

School started for me this week, and things are going well. I have a room of my own and it is in a great location...as far from the office as is possible, well almost as far as is possible. There is one room father than mine. I really like the classes I have, and it has been fun these first four days. I'm teaching three sections of sophomores (world history) and two sections of juniors (global perspectives).

I have made the adjustment of getting up at 4:50 to run, lift, swim or bike. It was a little tough at first as I was used to getting up around 6:00. As fall approaches, my biking program is going to suffer as it is growing darker earlier in the evening, and it is too dark to ride in the morning. I guess I will have to start riding on the trainer again, but I do plan on getting out on the weekend. I'm in the process of buying a new mountain bike, so I look forward to some trail riding in the woods when the leaves start to change colors. Running should be fine, and I can always get in for a swim early in the morning.

I have two races coming up. One is next weekend, The Marshman Triathlon, which is rather short - 400 yard swim, 12.5 mile bike and a 2 mile run.

I have decided not to do a marathon this fall for a number of reason, but I am planning on running a trail half marathon in October. This is getting back to my roots, so to speak, as the only race I did prior to my first Marine Corps Marathon was the Evansburg Challenge, which was a 10 mile trail run. I'm planning on doing a 10 mile run tomorrow morning to start preparing for longer distances, but Hannah might prevent that from happening.

No comments: