Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Today was not only Mother's Day, it would have been my mother's 72nd birthday.

The boys and I treated Tina to an elegant lunch at Today's Pizza then they went to a friends house which gave Tina and me a little time to get out together. Tina recently purchased a new pair of running shoes and we have established a goal for her to run her first 5K. Today we began training. This week we are running 2 minute intervals: 2 minutes running followed by 1 minute walking. We repeated this 10 times for a total of 20 minutes of running. We'll do this for a week then progress to 3 minutes running, with 1 minute of rest.

After the boys got home, and we had supper, Kyler, Tristan and I went out to visit my mom's grave. It was rainy and cold, but we took a picture to commemorate the event. It occurred to me on the way home that this year marks the time whereby I have spent as many years of my life without my mother as I had spent with her - 23 years.

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday Mom.

(My boys can never take a picture without making some kind of goofy face, or striking some weird pose. I know my mother would have loved their sense of humor)

2 comments:

Patricio said...

Found your blog through the RW Tri forum.
Funny.... my wife just ran her second 5K ever. Kinda started like you guys. Dunno if your wife will but mine after her first race the first thing she did when we went back home was getting online and look for her next race. Got totally hooked.
Got 2 daughters who ran the kids run yesterday too.... Your kiddos will love it (if they haven't done it yet)
Later,
P

Van 1- Hall said...

goodluck with the wifeys first 5K. is your son on the left doing a muscleman pose??? Slaughtered the crappie this weekend!