Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Been Awhile

I'm not sure anyone is following this anymore; I'm not really sure anyone ever was, at least not on a regular basis. I'm still alive and well, and very busy. And, Facebook has been sucking up my time. It just seems much easier to make quick updates and to share pictures.

Picking up where my last post left off, the boys and I had a great time camping at various state parks in the month of August. We spent 4 days in Ohiopyle at the beginning of the month. This is a great place. We swam in the river, hiked and biked and had our camp pilfered by a raccoon and a bear. Before we left, we visited Falling Water. I can't recommend this enough to anyone visiting Western PA. We also had our annual trip to Pinchot State Park. At the end of the month, we had a free weekend before soccer began, so we met Kyle and Jackson F. at Locust Lake State Park. This was new park for the boys and they loved it.

Tina and I celebrated our 12th anniversary in August, and thanks to my parents who were able to watch the the boys, we spent an afternoon/evening in Selinsgrove, PA, and then stayed at the Selinsgrove Inn. We were able to get to Selinsgrove Brewing and then on Sunday, we visited Spy Glass Ridge Winery and Old Forge Brewing in Danville.

School began for everyone at the end of the month: for me it meant back to teaching; for the boys it meant 4th and 1st grade. Soccer also began, and we have been quite busy with practices and games. Both boys are having great seasons, and I'm learning more about the game by coaching at the U8 level.

Things are going well as far as training is concerned. I ran the Lancaster YMCA triathlon back in September and was pleased with my finish. I moved up a few place both overall and in my age group. I also participated in my 3rd straight Livestrong Philly Challenge Ride. Up next is the Harrisburg Marathon Relay in November. I am part of a mixed masters group, and we should do well.

And that's about it. I may take this blog in a different direction, so if you are following, stay tuned, but don't hold your breath.

p.s. I failed to mention that watching the Phillies was a family activity that we enjoyed, however, that ended last evening with a whimper.

No comments: