Saturday, September 26, 2009

Harrisburg Marathon

Nothing would have convinced me that I was going to begin training for a fall marathon when I awoke this morning.

I was going to go for an hour trail run, which then turned into planning on doing an easy five around the neighborhood. I had a cup of coffee, read the sports section, laced up the shoes and departed. There was a crispness in the air, and the tell-tale smells of autumn, and I quickly fell into a comfortable 7:45 pace. I kept running, but turned right onto my seven mile route, forgoing the five-mile plan I began with. Then, I kept going past my seven mile turn, and stretched my run out to ten miles.

Along the way, I heard the "call to adventure," and mentally began to calculate what I would have to do to get ready for a marathon six weeks down the road. I decided I had the time, and I was feeling very good, so the decision was made. Harrisburg Marathon on November 8th, BUT, I'M NOT RUNNING BOSTON IF I BQ...

No comments: