Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Is Springing, But Hasn't Quite Sprung.

I'm one week away from the Hempfield Triathlon, and I'm happy with the shape I am in. I have been getting in at least two swims, rides and runs weekly. My basic schedule looks something like this:

Monday: swim, 35 minutes continuous, w/ technique work at the end.
Tuesday: "Two for Tuesday" intervals in the morning, hard ride in the evening.
Wednesday: swim, intervals and technique work
Thursday: run, tempo pace
Friday: rest
Saturday/Sunday: long ride and long run

It varies somewhat depending on the week, but as long as I can get two of each workout in, I'm happy.

Right now I have to take it a little easy, because I did something stupid earlier this week. I was goofing off on my mountain bike, and rode over some rocks in a drainage ditch in our development. Of course I fell, and could not get unclipped, and my thigh struck a rock. It was the worse charley horse I have had in a long time. I can ride on it, but it hurts to run. With that said it is healing, and I'm going to try to go out for an easy run this afternoon.

Not much else going on, but I hope to get a race report posted after the tri. I'm also looking forward to warmer weather which seems a bit delayed.

Oh, I almost forgot, I now have both boys riding bikes. Tristan began riding last week. He's a terror, and gives me gray hairs the way he flies around. He wrecks consistently, but it doesn't seem to phase him.

3 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

Good LUCK!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll do awesome. Bring back some bling....

Bert said...

Fish, good luck with the tri, this weekend? We'll be checking out the race report. Like father like sons I guess, with the bikes... Be careful out there.

Van 1- Hall said...

Goodluck this weekend Kurt. I will be missing ya this weekend, I'll tip a Dogfish head in your honor! The bite is coming on also...