Saturday, November 29, 2008

Training Update

This was a nice week for getting some exercise as I didn't have to do all of it before 5:00 a.m. Of course, Thanksgiving gorging didn't help all that much. Oh well, I have the Dirty Bird 15K tomorrow, so that should help me work off some of the extra calories.

Sunday: Millersville Turkey Trot with Kyler, 5K
Monday: off
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: 1 mile swim a.m.*; 45 minutes on the bike trainer p.m.
Thursday: 5 mile run @ tempo pace, 7:10 per mile
Friday: 21 mile bike ride, "big ring"** ride at 16.5 mph
Saturday: 1 mile swim

* Tried something a little different on this swim based on a tip from my buddy Doug A. Rather than try to count laps, I just swam for 36:00 minutes, which is my average mile time. It was so nice to just daydream, and not worry about laps. Did it on Saturday too.

** Stayed in my big ring up front; great strength workout.

1 comment:

go annie said...

Oh, that's a great tip about the swimming. I seem to lose track of my laps every once in awhile.

Good luck and have fun on your 15k today!