Saturday, November 22, 2008

Training Update

Had a great week of running, biking and swimming, but the piriformis issue flared up a little after Thursday's fartlek run. Probably shouldn't have opened it up, but I want to be ready for the Dirty Bird 15K next Sunday. Also on the race calendar is the Millersville Turkey Trot tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this 5K, because it will be the first race that my son, Kyler, and I run together, *and* it's on the campus of Tina's and my alma mater, Millersville U. of PA.

Sunday: 1.5 hours of mountain biking with Eric D. at Rocky Ridge Park
Monday: 3 mile run
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the trainer; hammered during commercials
Wednesday: 1700 yards in the pool w/ 6 x100 yard intervals @ 1:50 w/ 15 seconds rest
Thursday: 4 miles fartlek
Friday: 30 minutes on the trainer; hammered during the commercials
Saturday: 1.25 hour run @ 8:00 per mile.

2 comments:

Bert said...

Pretty good week of training there; yeah sometimes those fartlek runs can be hard on the body. I hope the Turkey Trot was fun!

go annie said...

Ahh... you're mountain biking. That's fun tough stuff. It looks like you're getting a good mix of work-outs.

Hills and speedwork seem to aggravate my piriformis. Hope it is feeling better now :)