Friday, August 1, 2008

Liverpool...


Pennsylvania, not England. Spent the middle of the week up at my dad's and step mom's place. They live about 5 minutes from the Susquehanna River and 15 minutes from the Juniata River. We got out on the water a lot over the last couple of days. We even launched the Seahawk 500 which is a rubber boat that I acquired, but never got around to inflating. The boys and I had fun slowly drifting down the current and stopping along the way to catch crayfish and look for other creatures in the shallows. The one day I kayaked with my step mom, and the highlight of that excursion was seeing three bald eagles. I also got to go on two really nice bike rides through the mountains and valleys. In almost 50 miles of riding I think I may have been passed by 20 cars. "I was in the Zone."

2 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

Awesome. Mom called and was ecstatic about getting out on some moving water. She had a great time. Sounds like the boys had a blast, too. I need to go out and have some fun here in the next, oh, ten years or so... :) (By the way, I tear off a piece of the check before flushing it down the toilet and hide it! Me thinks I'll probably get in trouble if she ever finds the stash!) ha.