Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Covered Bridge Metric Century

I rode the Lancaster Bicycle Club "Covered Bridge Metric Century" this past weekend. It was the second year in a row that I did it. The weather was perfect for riding. It was cool and there was only a slight breeze. The wind, however, did pick up a little towards late morning, but it didn't hinder me all that much. We rode at what seemed an easy pace, but managed over 18 mph. The lunch at 30K was awesome and included Subway subs, fruit cookies and pretzels. Last year I skipped the lunch, because of time constraints. The lunch definitely made a difference in the second part of the ride, and I didn't have to suck down any gels.

I've been riding with clipless pedals now for over a year and have taken pride in the fact that I haven't fell over because I couldn't unclip. Well, it happened Sunday at the worse possible moment... when there were numerous other riders around. Oh well, the only thing injured was my pride.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Van 1- Hall said...

thats a looooooooooooon way fish! congrats!