Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Legends of the Fall

The title of this post could relate to my "fall" back in August while participating in the Livestrong Ride. To this point, I am still having shoulder issues which has curtailed my swim training. In fact, I have not swam in 3 weeks.

In addition to a dinged up shoulder, I have been having all the symptoms of a "sports hernia" again, however, it has subsided somewhat, because I have been resting. Resting is something that I don't do well.

Despite resting, I have participated in a few athletic endeavors including the Race for Education with both of my sons at their school. Kyler, 8 years old, was able to get into the 6 mile club. We averaged around a 9:40 mile. Tristan, 6years old, was able to run 3.25 miles. I was quite proud of both of them. Up next for Kyler and me is another 5K in November. Other than that, I have ridden my bike a little bit and been out hiking.

The fall has been pretty nice, but there has been a lot of rain. Soccer has kept me busy, both coaching and spectating. School, as usual, is also a source of constant focus and energy depletion.

That's about it right now.

1 comment: