Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lebanon Area Fair 5K

After my success at the beach, and two good weeks of training, I decided to enter the Lebanon Area Fair 5K.

I was hoping to break 19:00 minutes again, but there were two factors working against me: 1) the race was on a rail trail, and 2) it was humid.

I started out well, and hit the 1/2 mile mark at 3:02 and the mile at 6:04. During this time I was challenged by two other runners, but was able to make a successful surge and opened up a 10 meter gap on them. At the two mile mark, I knew I was wilting a little, because my split went to 12:32. I held on for the remainder of the race, and was able to reel in one more runner to move up a place.

Final time: 19:33; 13th place overall (again); 3rd in my age group (40-49)

All in all, this was a great race, and well run. I'll do it again next year if it works out.

Congratulations to my current training partner, Chop Leader, who won the 60-69 age group in 20:30.

2 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

NOICE! You're ealy getting after it this year--well done.

Bert said...

Fish, excellent result - congratulations! A sub-20 is always good, and even more so on a trail run.