Sunday, February 15, 2009

Two Triathlons

This week I signed up for two spring triathlons - the Hempfield Triathlon in April and the Got the Nerve Triathlon in May. By doing this, my training is now focused, and it is easier to get and stay motivated.

This week went really well. My body is getting back into the swing of things, and my workouts have been harder. Fortunately, I haven't had any aches or pains. My goal for the rest of February, is to do some hard, but short workouts, which should set me up for longer hard workouts come March.

Monday: Off
Tuesday: 1 mile warm-up, 6x400m @ 85 seconds, 1 mile cool-down and weights
Wednesday: swimming, 500 yard warm-up, drills, 6x100 yards @ 1:45, drills
Thursday: 1 mile easy, 2 miles @ 6:50, 1 mile easy and weights
Friday: 45 minutes on the bike trainer
Saturday: off
Sunday: 5 miles @ 7:25; hiking in the afternoon

1 comment:

Bert said...

Fish, hi

It is good to have some plans and races to look forward to for the spring. Some work on the swimming and you'll be a contender!