Monday, July 30, 2007

Marathon Season II

Training continues for the Marine Corps Marathon. I ran my first 20-miler this past weekend and recovered quickly. The tempo runs and speed work are paying off as is the biking. I'm finding that on the day after a long run active recovery is important. Yesterday, after Saturday's long run, I went mountain biking on the Schuylkill River Trail from Port Clinton to Auburn. I rode with my friend Brian who knows the area well, and we took a diversion up over a mountain, which provided us a little more riding time and a better work out. All in all we pedaled 13.2 miles.

Up this week: 1600m repeats, a tempo run on Thursday and an 18 miler on Saturday. I also have to increase bike mileage a little to prepare for the Covered Bridge Metric Century on August 19th.

No comments: